German Lorca

Brasil 1922

In 1948 Lorca joined the Foto-Cine Clube Bandeirante, a celebrated center for the diffusion of modern photography in the city of São Paulo. Contact with other members of this club encouraged his decision to devote himself to photography as a profession. The debates around photographic experimentation held at the Bandeirante are noticeble in Lorca’s early works, in his first street scenes in which a subjective component is already evident. Innovative interpretations revealed in his photographic experiments became even more evident with the abstract compositions in the following years. In 1952 he opened his own studio and was the official photographer of the 4th centennial celebrations of the city of São Paulo (1954).

His works are included in collections such as Banco Itaú, Porto Seguro, Museum of Modern Art (São Paulo), Museum of Art (São Paulo), Pinacoteca do Estado (São Paulo) and Cisneros Fontanals Art Museum (Miami).

ON VIEW | ON THE NEWS

PUBLICATIONS